Is eufyCam 3 compatible with Apple HomeKit?
No. It is compatible with Alexa and the Google Assistant currently. HomeKit is still undergoing development, please stay tuned.
How efficient is the built-in solar panel charging?
Tests show that with full exposure to direct sunlight for 2 hours, the camera can keep working for an entire day. However, this depends on the strength of the sunlight. Install your camera in a position that exposes it to as much sun as possible. If the weather is cloudy or rainy, the power level may reduce, but it will charge up again when exposed to sunlight again. Factors such as long trigger lengths, frequent event detections, and streaming video, may use battery faster.
Why is my camera battery still dropping?
The solar panels charge the built-in battery while sunlight is available. If the camera's current operation uses more power than the solar panel can provide, the battery level will reduce.
These 2 factors may influence the experience:
1. The solar panels are not charging the device enough. One possibility is that the position of the camera is not allowing enough access to direct sunlight. In this case, adjust the position or location. It may also be that the weather is not ideal for solar charging. In this case, there is no need to worry. When the weather becomes sunny, normal charging will resume.
2. The current operation of the camera is consuming power beyond what is normal. In this situation, you may need to adjust the configuration to reduce false triggers and excessive recording events. Try the following:
1) Switch to Power Saving mode.
2) Reduce the sensitivity of Motion Detection.
3) Choose Human Only mode.
4) Enable Activity Zones that focus on the monitoring area. Try to avoid including public walkways or roads as movement in these areas may result in frequent false triggers.
Is HomeBase 3 compatible with other eufy Security products?
HomeBase 3 is compatible with all eufyCam models, IndoorCam, OutdoorCam, SmartLock (T8530), all eufy Battery Doorbells, and eufy Sensors. It will be compatible with all eufy Security devices through 2023, with the exception of eufy Wired Doorbell，Garage-Control Cam and 4G LTE Cam.
What kind of hard drive can I use to expand the storage of HomeBase 3?
Any 5V 2.5" storage drive (HDD or SSD) with a SATA interface.
Note: 12V storage drives are not supported.
Why does the system sometimes miss events?
The motion sensor can detect objects moving 25-30 ft (8-10 m) away. Detection sensitivity, mounting height, and mounting angle will influence the detection distance of your devices. We recommend that you adjust the detection sensitivity as needed.
The installation height should not exceed 3m, and the tilt angle should not exceed 15°. Please check "In-App Setup" for more.
Objects coming directly toward the center of the camera may not always be detected. Where possible, position the camera so that movement crosses the field of view to some extent, which will assist in triggering the passive infrared motion detection.
Does the system support 24/7 recording?
No. The camera is battery-powered and is designed to offer a balance between battery life and event capturing.